* A woman's weight lifting workout will be similar to a man's because it will focus on multi-joint, fundamental exercises to build strength.
* There is NO need to worry about putting on slabs of muscle like a man. Women do NOT have the high percentage of testosterone necessary to make that happen.
* You do NOT have to exercise with weights for long periods of time. Brief, intense workouts of 40 minutes (it goes fast) will help you gain lean muscle tissue.
* If you want results, you CANNOT use "Barbie weights"...those little 5 lbs. and 10 lbs. dumbbells. You must use weights that challenge you to push them.
* Also, if you want results you will have to deal with getting sweaty, getting a little out of breath, and getting a bit red in the face. It happens when you exercise with a purpose.
* Conscious eating by making good food choices is imperative in your fitness/fat loss program. You CANNOT eat whatever you please and expect exercise to burn it off. That is not reality.
* Conscious eating and weight workouts must be complimented with quality cardio. Mindless walking on the treadmill or reading a magazine on the stationary bike do not help at all. Interval training must be part of your program.
Weight lifting workouts for women are a critical element of a solid fat loss program, but they must be combined with optimal nutrition and focused cardio to accelerate results. You can do it!