Learn how to get bigger arms with strength training lifts. In order to increase arm size, you must integrate full-body workouts.
Two of the biggest hurdles you must get past are (1) You can get bigger arms fast. You CANNOT. And (2) A variety of curls are the best way to increase arm size. They're NOT.
* Gaining size on your arms takes time. Yes, you can make some substantial gains in your first 6 months, but after that you will have to work very hard to increase size.
* In order to get bigger arms, you must continue to get stronger so you can handle heavier weights. Two exercises that you MUST include to increase your overall strength at Squats and Deadlifts.
* Curls will be part of your workouts, but they will NOT be a dominant part. The biceps are too easily exhausted and Biceps tendonitis/Medial epicondylitis is a debilitating injury. You do not need it.
* Pressing movements, especially Military Presses with both barbells and dumbbells give substantial strength (and size) to the triceps...which comprise 60% of your arm muscles.
* Weighted dips and weighted pull-ups are two other strength-building exercises that will yield excellent results. It may take an entire year for you to gain solid strength and technique in both of these.