Increase Lean Muscle With Hardgainer Routines
Hardgainer routines are characterized by brief, intense workouts that focus on building strength. In order to put on lean muscle, you must make good food choices and integrate interval training.
Hardgainer workouts are for guys who have difficulty, due to genetics, of gaining strength and putting on muscle as easily as average guys.
Their routines are characterized by periodization cycles running 6-12 weeks, with workouts that are usually 2-3 per week and focus on gaining strength.
* Perhaps the best resource for hardgainer workouts is Beyond Brawn: How to Build Muscle and Might by Stuart McRobert, the guy who coined the term.
* Full-body workouts are the name of the game. They usually include one pressing movement, one pulling movement, and leg work.
* Many routines for hardgainers focus on the "Rule of 15" (the number of reps does NOT exceed 15.) So you could do 3x5...5x3...or 5/4/3/2/1 in your specific lift.
* Routines are centered on fundamental, multi-joint lifts. Fluff movements like wrist curls, triceps kickbacks, side bends, are normally excluded.
* In order to get bigger muscles, you MUST make good food choices. If you gorge on everything in order to get big fast, you will GET FAT FAST.
* Women find guys with the lean Hollywood look extremely appealing. This is a plus for hardgainers. Work on gaining strength while becoming more defined.
* Hardgainer routines should also include interval training workouts to keep belly fat off. What is the 300 Workout Routine?What is behind the Soviet 5x5x5 Workout Routine?Go to Burn Belly Fat home from Hardgainer Routines page
A Sample Hardgainer Routine That I Have Used
Squats 3 Sets x 5 Reps
Weighted Dips 3 Sets x 5 Reps
Weighted Pull-Ups 3 Sets x 5 Reps
Run: 3 -1/2 miles easy pace, some acceleration
Trap Bar Deadlifts 3 Sets x 5 Reps
Seated Dumbbell Press 3 Sets x 5 Reps
T-Bar Rows 3 Sets x 5 Reps
Run: 4 miles easy pace, accelerate every 800m for 10 secs
Heavy Shrugs 3 Sets x 3 Reps
Bench Press 3 Sets x 5 Reps
Weighted Pull-Ups 3 Sets x 3 Reps
Run: 1 mile easy/8 x 400m sprints - rest 2:00/easy 800m
Heavy Dumbbell Cleans 2 Sets x 5 Reps
Weighted Dips 3 Sets x 3 Reps
Cheat Curls 2 sets x 8 Reps
Run: 1 mile easy/6 x 600m sprints - rest 3:00/easy 800m