Eat Stop Eat is a beginners program to lose belly fat through intermittent fasting. It is the fat loss secret made successful by Brad Pilon, a nutrition professional with over seven years experience in the nutritional supplement industry.
Why do we say it is a "beginner's program" for fat loss? Because it is so easy to implement.
Brad wrote Eat Stop Eat to help people understand the amazing weight loss results they can get by using a simple combination of flexible periods of intermittent fasting and weight training.
He wanted to create an "Anti-Diet" that did not require measuring specific food groups or being tied to calculating total calories.
Brad provides a simple and flexible intermittent fasting program that can seamlessly fit into your llifestyle...whenever YOU choose.
Won't fasting mess up my metabolism and make me lose lean muscle mass?
The answer is a definite...NO.
Brad flatly states, "Scientific Research Proves That Eat Stop Eat Will Help You Lose Weight, and Get Rid of Stubborn Body Fat – All While Preserving your Metabolism and Without Making You Lose Lean Muscle."
How can he be so sure of this? Because he found the results when writing a research paper (The Metabolic Effects of Short Periods of Fasting in Humans and its Potential Application in Weight Loss) during pursuit of his Master's degree.
His downloadable eBook presents these findings in easy-to-understand explanations and examples. If you are like me, you demand specific evidence to back up claims in a blanket statement, like above. Brads book is basically his entire research paper distilled down to practical application.
The reason behind his claim is that you will only fast for 24 hours...and it will be your choice of 1 or 2 days per week. This is NOT some idiotic starvation diet. It is a guided and hard-researched protocol to lose belly fat and maintain lean muscle mass.
On the days you are not fasting, you eat normally. (NOt pig-out, NOT "get in a cheat day.")
The fat loss secret is really no secret because the evidence is in the public domain (as a printed research paper) and is a proven program.
Eat Stop Eat has some pluses...and some minuses
As much as we like Brad's program, we want to be up front with you. For this reason, we'll present the parts that are not all sunny days, blue skies, and roses.
* This program is NOT a way to lose belly fat quickly. Please don't expect to lose 15 lbs in 5 days and be able to get into a size 4 wedding dress by the weekend (or for guys, see a 6-pack on your abs). It won't happen. This is a progressive program where you will lose 1-2 lbs per week while reducing your total body fat.
* It will take some time and require some self-discipline on your fasting days when you first start. Although you never go a full day without food (you go dinner to dinner), your first two weeks will be a challenge. You will get the hang of it, though, and it will become routine. Still, there is a time and commitment factor involved.
* You may find it difficult to get enough vegetables and fruits on the day/days you fast.
* Brad will be the first one to tell you that if people have "compensation" days the other five days of the week, the plan won't work.
The best things about Eat Stop Eat
* It is real simple. To me, it is one of the easiest eating plans available.
* You are NOT on some severely restrictive plan that makes you feel guilty when you go out to eat. (You will, however, learn to make good choices about foods and portions so you do not sabotage your efforts.)
* You do not have to worry about food all day. You do not have to keep complicated charts on your calories, fats and carbs. You can live like a normal person.
* You will have good workouts and you will not mess up your metabolism. You will continue to build lean muscle mass.
* It is inexpensive. You do not have to purchase "special supplements" or "high-tech" diet gadgets. There are no personalized Diet Diaries or expensive food packets.
For us, Brad Pilon comes through with a tremendous program that will prove beneficial to the beginner who wants to take it slow in starting a fat loss program. His Eat Stop Eat gives you an excellent start.