Weight loss is usually the first recommendation individuals receive when they are initially diagnosed with Type II diabetes. Most are overweight and the extra fat increases their resistance to insulin.
She saw no value in having them constantly pump drugs into their system, when losing weight would be much more beneficial.
It was also a way for Isabel to keep from contracting Type 2 diabetes, herself. All through her junior high and high school years, she was 30 lbs. overweight...and her family physician told her that because of her eating habits, it was just a matter of time until she, too, had full-blown Type II diabetes.
The foremost treatment for Type 2 diabetes is weight loss. By losing weight, people with Type II diabetes become less insulin resistant, and they’re able to use insulin more optimally.
Isabel focused on this premise, and entered Pre-Med studies at Rutgers University with a burning intent to help as many people as she could lose weight safely to combat Type 2 diabetes.
Weight Loss For Type 2 Diabetics - The Diet Solution Plan
* By losing weight, you will increase your energy levels and feel much better.
*Weight loss for Type 2 diabetics makes it much easier to stabilize blood sugar levels.
* Type 2 diabetics reduce their predisposition to heart disease, hypertension, and renal failure when they lose weight.
* The Diet Solution Plan is focused on natural eating...making good food choices from Mother Nature...and eating with more awareness.
* There is NOTHING harsh about the Diet Solution Plan.
* Isabel's weight loss program focuses on getting sugar foods and starchy processed foods completely OUT of your present diet. It is perfect for the Type 2 diabetic's fat loss goals.
* Since the Diet Solution Plan centers on low-carbs, high-fiber natural foods, nutrient-dense natural foods, and solid protein sources (wild fish, turkey, grilled chicken breasts), it is a great weight loss program to discuss with your physician and diabetes educator.
Weight loss for Type II diabetics is critical. Remember, your goal is not to shed enough pounds to get back into your prom dress...but to elevate your quality of Life and save your vision, avoid amputations, and prevent heart attacks.
The Diet Solution Plan provides a comprehensive blueprint for weight loss for Type 2 diabetics.