I say Burn The Fat - Feed The Muscle may well be the best diet plan for men because it has been a top-seller since 2003, and also because I've gotten such great results from following it.
Tom Venuto has utilized his background in exercise physiology to create a comprehensive program to help men get rid of belly fat and love handles...and increase their muscularity through strength training with weights and interval workouts in their cardio sessions.
He was the first fitness writer I can remember who saw fat loss as a combination of nutritional changes and workout changes.
Too often, when guys make the decision they are going to eliminate belly fat, they want to do it as quickly as possible. They cut an abnormal amount of calories which not only slows down their metabolism, but also the production of testosterone and growth hormone. This, in turn, leads to cutting lean muscle.
So...guys may quickly lose 20 pounds, but they look like a body filled with jello...not muscle. And, to make matters worse, these starvation-mode diets produce insatiable cravings for bad carbs and sweets.
They end up not only regaining the pounds they lost, but also increasing the amount of fat cells generated. This is far worse than before they started.
Who needs THAT kind of nonsense? Tom's Burn The Fat program is based on a diet that is high-protein, high-fiber, low bad-fats, and a rejection of bad carbs. A majority of your food choices will come from natural foods produced by Mother Nature...not starchy processed foods found in boxes or plastic wrap.
This laser-targeted change in your current diet, will be balanced with brief, intense workouts with weights and interval training. In a sense, with Tom's diet plan to lose belly fat, you will be training and eating like an athlete. They are the one population most concerned with eliminating body fat and increasing lean muscle mass.
"Your goal should never be weight loss. Your goal should be losing fat while maintaining muscle. As long as your body is solid muscle, then you shouldn’t worry about what the scale says. Your ratio of muscle to fat is what really counts."
.....Tom Venuto, page 9, BURN THE FAT - FEED THE MUSCLE
The Best Diet Plan For Men - What makes Burn The Fat work?
* There is no hype with Tom's program. He is very adamant about being committed to doing things right. He says, "If there’s any 'secret' to fat loss and becoming more muscular, it’s hard work on your diet and training program. The sooner you accept this fact, the sooner you’ll be the proud owner of a lean body. Unfortunately, this isn't what most people want to hear. In this age of instant gratification, people want overnight success and 'miracle cures,' but that's a fantasy."
* With Tom's course, you will discover how to set reasonable nutritional/workout goals and keep meeting them. He focuses a lot on the mental aspect that others fail to include.
* In fact, on page 296 of his eBook, Tom says, Burn The Fat - Feed The Muscle is, by definition, a weight training, nutrition and aerobic exercise program. If you’re not doing all three, and you don’t have written goals, you’re not following the program."
* You will discover the secret behind brief, intense weight workouts that center on fundamental lifts to build strength and muscular density.
* You will discover why interval training stomps mindless hours on the treadmill or stationary bike.
* The best diet plan for men will be proven and comprehensive. Tom's program is provided in a detailed 340-page step-by-step guide book.
If you have hit plateaus in your other efforts to lose male belly fat and keep it off. If you've tried other workouts to get rid of abdominal fat or love handles, and have seen no increase in definition or muscularity...it is time to make a change that gets results.
To me, Tom Venuto's Burn The Fat program is the best diet plan for men that is available.