For some reason, when guys get it into their heads that they need to get rid of male belly fat, they decide to 'work the core" and load up on expensive (and worthless) supplements. All this does is burn them out after three weeks...and reduce their bank accounts.
Burn this into your brain: It took a while to put on that belly fat, and it will take some TIME and EFFORT to get it off. (1) There is no such thing as spot-reducing (losing fat in just one area...like your abdominals...) and (2) Taking pills, powers, and shakes to lose fat makes supplement marketers high-five each other as they laugh at you all the way to the bank.
So, what is the best way to get ab definition?
The best way for you to burn belly fat is through a proven, comprehensive program that emphasizes eating like an athlete, working out with fundamental strength-building exercises, and utilizing intelligent cardio.
The two that I recommend are: Visual Impact Muscle Building (for guys ages 20-35) and Truth About Abs (for guys age 35+). Both programs set yearly sales records for two simple reasons: They are NOT fluff...and they deliver on their promise.
What more could you ask for?
* Both programs are straight with you. It will take 4-6 months of changing your eating habits and working out consistently just to start seeing some results.
* Both programs want you eating like an athlete: plenty of fruits, vegetables, and solid protein sources (NOT SHAKES OR SMOOTHIES!)
* Both programs have no use for sugar foods or starchy carb-loaded processed foods. The more natural you can eat, the faster you will burn the flab.
* Both programs promote brief, intense, full-body strength-building workouts to gain lean muscle mass.
* Both programs promote you getting strong enough to start including interval training into your cardio. Mindless jogging on the treadmill for 45 minutes doesn't do a heck of a lot to burn belly fat.
Purchasing a proven program will force you to make the changes needed in both your diet and your workouts. The programs by Rusty Moore, who created Visual Impact Muscle Building, and Mike Geary, who created the Truth About Abs are progressive and periodized.
They have helped thousands, upon thousands, of guys reach their fat loss goals and build tight, lean bodies that women want to touch. These two proven programs definitely answer the question: "What is the best way to get ab definition?