Protein is the primary component of an intelligent nutrition program and you must be committed to getting the facts about this super-nutrient and not get caught up in convoluted logic.
Protein for fat loss is best chosen from solid food sources
* Your best bet for protein will come from solid food sources like fish, turkey, or grilled chicken breasts.
* Protein smoothies and whey protein powder shakes are easy to ingest, but they DO NOT satiate hunger like solid protein sources.
* Protein shakes and smoothies are too easy over-consume.
* You CANNOT just drink "secret formula" weight loss protein shakes to drop fat.
* Remember, to lose fat, you must establish a calorie-deficit. Drinking protein smoothies means you must drop solid food sources in another area, which means you must then be hyper-vigilant about counting calories. This makes dieting less simple...and much easier to sabotage.
* Calories from protein DO NOT swim directly to specific muscle areas to build lean mass, nor do they ignite some kind of cellular blowtorch in your hips, belly, or love handles. Any calorie...no matter where it comes from...will be stored as FAT if it isn't burned efficiently. You CANNOT over consume "good foods" and eliminate belly fat.
* In order to burn belly fat, you must commit to a diet to build muscle, regular and consistent weight training workouts, and a cardio program that includes interval training.
A diet high in protein for fat loss is the way to go, but calories from protein sources cannot be glossed over or ignored. They must be factored in to your total caloric needs in order to lose 1-2 lbs. per week until you reach your fat loss goals.
Don't be fooled by the hype and high-tech ads from supplement companies. Be logical...if all you had to do to lose thigh fat, burn belly fat, and get female six pack abs was mix some whey protein powder in non-fat milk...EVERYBODY would do it and there would be no obesity problems.